Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Ramblings As An Art Guerrilla


This is the initial posting of my art ramblings. I began painting a little over 25 years ago and it became a voyage of self-discovery. The beauty of nature continues to inspire me and I struggle to convey that awe and sense of beauty in my paintings. My hope is that I paint light, not things, for without light, there would be no drama, no passion, no beauty. To me, art is a search to find poetry in simple things. It becomes the expression of love (or insanity, if you're a pessimist), the hope that there is, indeed, goodness around us.

Over the next weeks and months I will be rambling on about topics that inspire, anger, or even depress me in the world of oil painting. My interest is painting landscapes and I welcome all comments, ravings, or compliments on this blog. If you don't like my opinions, by all means, let me hear from you.

Finally, if you have a painting you have done I would be honored if you post it here.

Just paint it!

No comments:

Post a Comment